Help us make Sweden a wilder place!
– Hello Marcus, what is WildSweden all about, really?
– Hello, our mission is to make Sweden a wilder place!
– Okay, but how?
– We create some amazing wildlife experiences and tours, away from the typical tourist areas. Nature loving people come from all over the World to join us for some days in the wild.
– Okay, but how does that make Sweden a wilder place?
– Our tours generate important income to local guides, restaurant staff and accommodation owners. And when wild nature provides an income, it is more likely preserved for the future. In the long run Sweden becomes a wilder place!
>> Read more about how we work with responsible travel and ecotourism here.
What is WildSweden?
WildSweden is an incoming tour operator based in Sweden. The company was founded by Marcus Eldh in 2003.
Business concept: We create outstanding wildlife holidays and tours, away from the typical tourist areas, for like-minded wildlife enthusiasts from all over the World.
We are a network of local businesses:
- We are a network of specialized wildlife guides spread out across Sweden.
- We have teamed up with some of Sweden’s most experienced wildlife researchers and experts.
- We work together with carefully selected guesthouses and restaurants.
- We work together with tour agents that helps us reach out to nature loving travelers across the World.
In this way we can create all-inclusive nature holidays where we combine comfortable accommodation with exciting activities.
Who are our clients? Nature loving people from all over the World. 90 percent from European countries, 10 percent Swedish and 10 percent overseas, i.e. Australia, Japan, China and US. All in all we have actually had guests from more than 75 countries, including North-Korea, New Zealand, Paraguay, Uzbekistan, Hawaii, some even from Norway! 😉
Our company name: The legal name of our company is Skogens Konung AB. It translates into The King of the Forest Limited, which is, of course, the Moose! WildSweden is a registered trademark owned by Skogens Konung AB.
Our corporate identification number: 556838-1064
Our postal address: WildSweden, Tallvägen 6, S-790 15 Sundborn, Sweden. This is just Marcus’s home office.
50 tours of a lifetime 2015 – by National Geographic Traveler
Our Wolf tracking tour was listed as one of 50 tours of a lifetime 2015. Wow, thanks!
We won the Swedish Tourism Award
I can’t believe we became the Tourism company of the year in Sweden! Here’s why: “The winner is a role model for tourism in Sweden. They are showing that is it possible to develop and create knowledge sharing nature based experiences with minimal resources. This company has reached a high level of internationalization by using successful methods for export of tourism. WildSweden is offering ecotourism in large parts of the country throughout the year.”
Ecotourism company of the year in Sweden
In 2009 WildSweden received the Grand Travel Award as the Ecotourism company of the year by The Swedish Ecotourism Society. We were proud, but felt that we had so much more to give.
We are an approved ecotourism company