What personal information does WildSweden collect and what do we do with this information?
Enquiries & bookings
To allow us to respond to your enquiry and any subsequent questions, we will ask you to provide some personal information. By providing this information to us, you give consent for us to use the information as set out below.
We will ask you to provide some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details (name, email address, telephone) for the person submitting the enquiry so that we can send you a response.
- The number of persons in your party including the ages of any children (to allow us to suggest suitable experiences).
- The country you live in to allow us to provide appropriate advice on travel arrangements such as how to travel to Sweden.
- Emergency contact person while you are away (name, telephone number).
- Name, date of birth, gender and nationality for all participants. Age is required for example to be able to calculate correct pricing and also to be aware of any considerations regarding suitability for a particular activity. Gender and nationality may be required to correctly allocate resources such as shared accommodation or suitable group mix depending on the experience booked.
- Details of any special dietary or health requirements for all participants to enable appropriate meals to be provided or so that our guide and other local hosts are aware of any important medical conditions, etc, and can make appropriate preparations/amendments for the safe and enjoyable delivery of your experience.
- Size information such as height/weight/shoe size so that appropriate equipment can be arranged where applicable.
We agree that where we hold your personal data we will:
- Only act on your written instructions to release it to third parties (unless we are legally required to act without your prior instructions) with the exception of sharing relevant information with your local provider as outlined below.
- Not transfer any Personal Data for processing in a country outside of the European Economic Area.
- At all times ensure that all people engaged in processing your Personal Data are under a strict duty of confidentiality.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure the security of your Personal Data.
- Only engage a sub-processor who is subject to an agreement which meets all the requirements of our contract with you.
- Respond to any request under the Data Protection Requirements and provide access to your Personal Data.
- Meet our obligations under the Data Protection Requirements, in particular, our obligations relating to security of processing, the notification of Personal Data breaches and data protection impact assessments.
- Delete or anonymise all Personal Data which is not otherwise required for legal or regulatory purposes after a period of 5 years from the date of your initial enquiry or the date of the end of your travel experience with us, whichever is later.
Our lawful basis for collecting this information is your consent. The information is required to enable us to provide responses to your enquiries and questions (such as recommendations for an appropriate tour) and, in the event of a booking, for the proper performance and administration of the experience booked.
This information is held securely for in-house purposes only, with the exception of sharing relevant information with our guides and local providers of your experience in the destination. Any of the information you provide to us may be shared if appropriate with the local provider, but personal data typically shared will be:
- Name, date of birth, gender, nationality and health/dietary requirements for all persons on your booking.
- Contact telephone number for the booking contact person(s) (for example in case it is necessary to contact you on your travel day regarding transfers, etc)
You will receive our newsletter via email 4-6 times per year only if you have requested to be added to our newsletter list and can unsubscribe at any time – simply follow the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter email.
Once you subscribe, we will keep you on our email newsletter list until you request to unsubscribe.
Your contact details will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes, etc.
How do I correct or remove information?
If you notice that any of your personal details are incorrect or if you wish us to remove any information, please contact us and we will amend your details in our records.
What payment information does WildSweden collect?
If you choose to make your payment via card using an email payment request link, your payment will be securely processed online via Stripe Merchant Services or PayPal. WildSweden receives no information on your card details.
If you make your payment by bank transfer, WildSweden receives no details of your account. If we need to make a refund to you for any reason, we may request your bank account details or email address associated with a PayPal account to enable us to make payment to you. These details will be deleted directly after.
Communication of information
All correspondence regarding your booking will normally be by email and/or phone. Booking documentation for your experience will be sent by email to the booking contact person. No documentation is sent by post (except where requested as a special arrangement).
“Data Protection Requirements” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time. “Personal Data” has the meaning given in the Data Protection Requirements: that is, any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an “identifier”, such as your name, email address or telephone number.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer when you visit a website. They can be used by websites for many different purposes, such as remembering your login details when you visit again or remembering the contents of your shopping cart when you buy a product online.
To improve the experience of visiting our site, we use plugins from other websites in certain parts of the site. These are:
- Facebook: To show our latest posts from the WildSweden Facebook page.
- YouTube: To show videos.
- Google Maps: To show interactive maps.
What do I do if don’t want cookies?
Change your browser settings. You will normally find an option in your browser settings to disable cookies and/or remove any that have already been set. This will usually be under the “Tools” or “Options” menu.