We want to make Sweden a wilder place
– Hello Marcus, what is WildSweden all about, really?
– Hello, our mission is to make Sweden a wilder place!
– Okay, but how?
– We create some amazing wildlife experiences and tours, away from the typical tourist areas. Nature loving people come from all over the World to join us for some days in the wild.
– Okay, but how does that make Sweden a wilder place?
– Our tours generate important income to local guides, restaurant staff and accommodation owners. And when wild nature provides an income, it is more likely saved and developed. In the long run Sweden becomes a wilder place!
>> Read more about how we work with responsible travel and ecotourism here.
5 quick facts
WildSweden was founded by Marcus Eldh in 2003 and he is still the owner.
We offer small group tours with local guides, always in English.
We have tours all year at scheduled dates, most of them with guaranteed departures.
We’re rated excellent at TripAdvisor: www.wildsweden.com/tripadvisor
One of our tours was listed at 50 tours of a Lifetime 2015 by National Geographic!
What is WildSweden?
WildSweden is an incoming tour operator based in Sweden since 2003.
Business concept: We create outstanding wildlife holidays and tours, away from the typical tourist areas, for like-minded wildlife enthusiasts from all over the World.
We are a network of local businesses:
- We are a network of specialized wildlife guides spread out across Sweden.
- We have teamed up with some of Sweden’s most experienced wildlife researchers and experts.
- We work together with carefully selected guesthouses and restaurants.
- We work together with tour agents that market and sell our tours across the World.
In this way we can create all-inclusive nature holidays where we combine comfortable accommodation with exciting safaris.
Who are our clients? Nature loving people from all over the World. Most of them from the UK, US, Netherlands, France and other European countries. Swedes too! We have actually taken care of guests from more than 75 countries, including North-Korea, New Zealand, Paraguay, Uzbekistan, Hawaii, some even from Norway! 😉
Our company name: The legal name of our company is actually Skogens Konung AB. It translates into The King of the Forest, which is, of course, the Moose! Skogens Konung was founded by Marcus Eldh in 2003. WildSweden is a registered trademark owned by Skogens Konung AB.
Our corporate identification number: 556838-1064
Our postal address: WildSweden, Tallvägen 6, S-790 15 Sundborn, Sweden. This is just Marcus’s home office.
50 tours of a lifetime 2015 – by National Geographic Traveler
We are proud to say that our Wolf tracking tour was listed as one of 50 tours of a lifetime 2015.
Stora turismpriset 2015
WildSweden was awarded the tourism award in Sweden 2015.
”The winner is a role model for tourism in Sweden. They are showing that is it possible to develop and create knowledge sharing nature based experiences with minimal resources. This company has reached a high level of internationalization by using successful methods for export of tourism. WildSweden is offering ecotourism in large parts of the country throughout the year.”
Grand Travel Award 2009
Trip Award 2008
In 2008 WildSweden received the Trip Award for Upcoming business of the year..
Wanna know more about WildSweden?
Have a look at these links:
>> Our guides
>> Our partners